Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The time draws nigh

All is still quiet on the Western front here. We've finished all our various birthing classes, (mostly) organized the baby clothes and gear, and now we're just wrapping up a few more house projects before the human cargo is delivered.

A number of people have commented on our negligence in posting things on the blog here. Ah yes, we haven't been keeping up with the posts. I've found myself spending less time with the computer lately. I only have about an hour's worth of computer tolerance in me. My eyes start hurting and I feel my body rejecting any more input in the same way your stomach reacts when you try to drink an entire gallon of milk in an hour. (It probably coincides with this strange fascination I've had with gardening. I've also really wanted to get some goats. And some chickens. I just think that would be the greatest thing - goats, chickens, and a big garden. In ten years, we may just be Amish.)

I think facebook is also partly to blame - I signed up a few months ago, but just in the past 12 weeks or so I've suddenly been connected with nearly all my high school classmates. It all seemed to happen at once - a facebook feeding frenzy of sorts. This is not only a time-consuming experience, but somewhat jarring psychologically as well! Do they remember the dorky 6-foot-tall, 140 pound nerdy dude? Do they remember the "noisy" incident in the lunchroom? Or the "walking out" incident on the Executive Council? Have certain people ever forgiven the rest of us for their "nicknames"? I'd forgotten about all these scars. Fortunately, all the 20-year-old scars only smart for about 2 seconds, then I remember that High School is God's way of implanting humility in us all - a kind of preventative spiritual medicine that says, "You can get as high and mighty as you want, but you still have that prom picture..." Then it becomes a good laugh. And a prayer for every child in the U.S. currently between the ages of 14 - 18.


People have requested photos of Brooke in full belly mode so here we go:





Heading out for work in the morning (note the lack of morning sunshine in the window - that's the residency schedule...)










The two to be three










Taking a short reading from the magic 8-ball while out snowshoeing. It said, "check back later."






Okay, my hour's up. Time for bed. More news soon, we hope...

AJ

1 comment:

Krista said...

Loved seeing your post!! We will be thinking of you all and can' wait to hear news!