Friday, December 12, 2008

Waiting for the muse

Yeah, well... I've decided to overcome the inevitable pressure and just post another picture. It's like writing a letter to someone you haven't seen in a long time. There's so much to say that the idea of trying to put it all down is intimidating, therefore, of course, you put off writing.

The pregnancy is going well, medically speaking. No real news except that Brooke is outgrowing clothes like a maniac. She's also working in the Neo-natal ICU (where all the preemies go), and finds herself taking care of newborns that are younger than ours. Strange, eh?

Here's a photo from our final vacation as a two-person family. We combined some pleasure with business back in mid-November. After Brooke interviewed for a fellowship in Boston, we took a couple of days in Vermont to hike around in the woods. Here's the Buddha belly beside a waterfall:
She's larger now, but just a bit. Our doctor's appointment last week showed us that she's gained 20 lbs total. I'll get a more recent photo tonight...
AJ

1 comment:

Celia said...

Can I comment on maternity clothes? Personally, I love the things. Not the ones with the nasty knit cotton pouch, but the ones with the reasonably stylish 3 inch elastic all around the waist. Now I find myself trying to pull off my old-school pants without unbuttoning and unzipping. Good luck with the last 2 months!! And let us know when you know where you'll be for the next couple of years. Oh, that's probably what the blog is for...